Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Question re `no nails` & expanding foam

On Wednesday, 25 November 2015 21:14:11 UTC, ss wrote:
I have never used either before so a couple of questions.
No nails: I am fixing some short battens to a ceiling approx 12 inches
long in just one corner of the room, this will be used to screw a 2nd
skin plasterboard (9.5mm) The rest of the room has battens screwed to
the joists. Do I just use the no nails or do I have to fix it (batten)
on until it sets?

Expanding foam: I have a few dents & gaps etc that I want to fill in,
ideally over a period of 2 weeks as the work progresses, must I use the
expanding foam all at once , as in will it set in the nozzle and render
it useless if I try and re use a week down the road?

Foam quickly sets solid and that's it, your can's finished. DON'T decide you can make a little hole & use the foam that comes out. Well, do, but have someone video the whole thing.

Expanding foam will of course break anything & everything. It expands after it has set solid, with huge force. It's an awful product best left for when all other options are unworkable.

NT