Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Algae & Moss removal

Andy Burns wrote:

ss wrote:

rick wrote:

Did a lot of Googling around and came across a product recommendation
... 'Wet & Forget'

Anyone checked this out, it would appear the active ingredient is Sodium
Percarbonate

The same active ingredient as the "oxi" stain removal powder for washing?

Just to report, I tried lightly sprinkling some of the poundshop stuff
onto an area of ground kept clear of weeds by glyphosate, but which then
allows moss and (what I think is a) liverwort to cover the area.

http://wizzproducts.co.uk/wizz-oxi-ultra-plus-powder-fabric-stain-remover

Both had blackened and shrivelled after just a couple of hours, after a
bit of rain to wash it in, both are essentially gone, maybe my ground
will glow under UV light with a special bluey-whiteness, but the moss is
gone ...