Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Beginners Syndrome

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 11/21/2015 12:39 PM, Bill wrote:

Drawing programs actually help reduce the symptoms of BS, by allowing
the prospective creator to revisit some of the technicalities in
advance, resulting in a savings of time, mental anguish, and
materials (as has been adequately discussed here before). This does
not imply that the drawing created needs to be complete, not at
all--just adequate for its purpose...you don't get paid for the
drawing (unless you do, and that's a different discussion).

Bill

Being a little slow, I finally realized that BS did not mean BS. ;~)

I do get paid for the drawings and what I build from them. ;~)

I does sorta work for BS, though. It's a common problem with track plan
dreaming. A curve looks absolutely beautiful on the track plan, then
you build it to scale and find out it's actually 12" radius and you need
an absolute minimum of 18"!

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.