Posted to alt.home.repair
burfordTjustice burfordTjustice is offline

Default commode occasionally runs already replaced flapper still doingit

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 10:00:05 -0700
Tony Hwang wrote:

burfordTjustice wrote:
On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 08:39:41 -0500
Al roarke wrote:

I have a slight problem where I can hear my commode running. It
does this for about 15 seconds maybe 4-5 times a day. At first I
thought the flap needed replacing and did that, but still doing
it. To help maybe rule out the flap completely, I placed a weight
on top of the new flap, the colored the tank water. After an
hour, I could see some color in the bottom of the bowl. I am
using a Fluidmaster valve, could this be going bad? Thanks.

Apparently that is not an EPA approved commode.
They do that to tell you to replace with a government approved
very low flow commode. If you don't in about
a week it will explode.

I heard yours exploded, right?, LOL!

I have nothing here approved by the EPA.
They and them that follow them are limp wristed types all.