Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Beginners Syndrome

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Again if you are not drawing to some scale you are not getting an
accurate view of what you are drawing. When you draw to scale you can
measure the drawing to get the true accurate dimensions anywhere in
the drawing. If not drawing to scale you have to mentally make up
what the dimensions will be and that is where an error in calculations
can be entered.

I'm not looking for an accurate view of what I'm drawing,
and I'm not intending to take measurements off the
drawing (which is an incredibly inaccurate thing to do,
which is why boatbuilders loft their drawings at full
size, so they can take accurate measurements).

I get that you like to make a drawing, and let the
results of that drawing determine the measurements.
I don't. I make the measurements work, and don't
worry about the exactness of the drawing.

John