Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Beginners Syndrome

On 11/21/2015 12:15 AM, Leon wrote:
I was never a draftsman but was headed in that direction when in school.
The trouble with paper and pencil is that the drawing, and especially if
not to scale, only gives you an ideal/concept. It does not necessarily
give correct dimensions. You can put dimensions on the drawing but if
not to scale you have no way to guarantee if the drawing is doable with
the dimensions you want.
With software you have the ability to have the program double check your
thoughts.

Lacking the necessary gene to envision what a design looks like when
seen with a pair of eyeballs six feet off the ground, and from different
angles and distances, is precisely why I was excited to see computer
based 3D modeling technology, like SketchUp, become readily/affordably
available.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net