Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fear of making mistakes (was Beginners Syndrome)

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 18:39:49 -0500, woodchucker
wrote:

On 11/20/2015 11:11 AM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 23:19:14 -0500
Bill wrote:

say something about it. Apparently it's characterized by reading a
lot of books and buying a lot of tools, and not making so many wood
chips. I haven't bought "that" many tools, but I can still identify a

they described some symptoms but not the real problem

the real problem is fear of making mistakes and it is the thing that
prevents a lot of people partaking in a lot of different endeavors

definitely not limited to working with wood

we all make mistakes. When you learn to fix them you have reached the
craftsman level :-)

The smart man learns from the mistakes of others, the average man
learns from his own mistake, and the fool never learns, because he
doesn't make mistakes.