Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Fear of making mistakes (was Beginners Syndrome)

Electric Comet wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 23:19:14 -0500
Bill wrote:

say something about it. Apparently it's characterized by reading a
lot of books and buying a lot of tools, and not making so many wood
chips. I haven't bought "that" many tools, but I can still identify a

they described some symptoms but not the real problem

the real problem is fear of making mistakes and it is the thing that
prevents a lot of people partaking in a lot of different endeavors

definitely not limited to working with wood

The only way to learn and become better is to make mistakes.