Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Welding helmets (Hobby use)

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 07:26:15 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 13:11:35 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 9:43:12 AM UTC-5, Jim Wilkins

You won't make -me- jealous, I have more toys than space to store
them. I wasted the morning digging around for wiring harnesses I
made
to test a solar panel controller and then put away until time to
install it, which I've finally gotten to.

Why didn't you leave the harness with the controller, duuuuude?

I put them with this temporarily wired meter.
http://www.amazon.com/6-5-100V-Displ.../dp/B013PKYILS

Picked up one of the little $13 AODE aluminum-cased wattmeters you
mentioned last time, thanks. It works well.

Thinking about moving to a smaller water heater (20g) which can be
heated with lower power elements fed directly from a 24v solar array.
Hot water is nearly half my electric use, which now averages $41/mo.

I heat water for laundry in kettles on the woodstove.

I can't stand wood heat, but may when the SHTF. Need to buy one of
those little guys for $60, JIC. http://tinyurl.com/qdvp8lt

Does anyone _like_ the smell of wood smoke in the house? Then again,
having heat would be A Good Thing(tm), if the natural gas goes out. I
wonder if they keep generators for the nat gas pumps, and how long
they'd last once the pumps quit, if not. Delivery pressure is 1.5psi,
so it may last a long while.

--
The most powerful factors in the world are clear
ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will.