Posted to alt.home.repair
CRNG[_2_] CRNG[_2_] is offline

Default Hi-Lift jack stuck on the upstroke

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 15:13:25 -0600, wrote in

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 19:44:02 +0000, Bruce
m wrote:

replying to Bill Stock, Bruce wrote:
me7 wrote:

I bought a Hi-Lift jack about a month ago and it seems to be f*cked

already
after only light use. It sticks badly when raising the handle. I can't see
any obvious reason why it's binding, might be the pin holding the handle,
but I don't think so.
If I can find the bill I guess I'll replace it. But I'm wondering what

other
peoples experiences have been? I don't think a new one will last much
better.

Hmmm, Hi-Lift jacks are manufactured here in my hometown of Bloomfield,
Indiana. The owners live right behind me.

Great, but that dont help the poster.

I have several Hi-Lift jacks. They are almost a MUST on farms. But they
can be a pain in the ass, and they ARE most of the time.
The pins need to be oiled on a regular basis. After that, you fight with
them repeatedly, and sometimes they actually work.....

I try to use a bottle or floor jack whenever I can, instead of a Hi
Lift.

+1