Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Kitchen electric knife sharpener

On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 12:54:33 PM UTC-5, Tom Gardner wrote:
I sharpen my knives by hand but many people have asked me about getting
an electric knife sharpener, especially as a Christmas gift for someone.
I have no experience, any suggestions? A lot of the foodie people
have descent cutlery but can only touch them up a bit. People ask about
sharpening serrated blades too. The only way I know is the hard way.
'Tis the season!

Chef's choice http://goo.gl/qU3bpW makes some pretty good sharpeners, though I have abandoned mine for a 1x30 belt sander with 220 grit and leather (charged white compound) belts. I do have belts going up to something over 1000 grit, but for the extra work, it just doesn't make enough difference in the kitchen.