Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Fixing roller blind to uPVC door

If its permanent, I'd not be too worried about drilling holes and using
small self tapping screws. My roller blind has been up for five years with
no problems. Its a Wilkinson's one.
Of course it goes without saying that you need to make small holes and do
not over tighten the screws. Most of the innards of the blind seems to be
held together with little self tapping screws into plastic, in my one and
nothing has cracked or stripped its threads.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Lobster" wrote in message
. 222...
I'm sure I've seen this asked and answered here here before but can't find
the answer. I want to attach a roller blind to a glazed uPVC door and am
uncomfortable about screwing the small metal fittings directly into the
plastic, bearing in mind the forces they will experience. Was considering
screwing them to a batten instead, and glueing that to the door; however
ISTR somebody here mentioning a bespoke plug method of attaching
rails/brackets etc to uPVC frames.

Am I imagining things or does something like that exist?

Thanks
--
David