Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a chemical antidote to bleach that will inactivate itinstantly?

On 11/16/2015 6:56 AM, philo wrote:
On 11/15/2015 12:13 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 11/15/2015 6:16 AM, philo wrote:
On 11/14/2015 09:00 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 10:11:10 AM UTC+10, Danny D. wrote:

LOOK AT THE DATE!

Do responses lose their validity because the question is old?

In general...yes.

As technology changes I'd generally want the latest answer.

Sure, some things never change but in the technical/medical fields I'd usually
want today's answers

Do chemical reactions change? ("how to neutralize bleach")

The reason I posted however was simply because Google Groups seems to be
infiltrating Usenet.

Google bought the Deja News USENET archives years ago. As a result, a
Google Groups user sees much more "history" than a typical USENET user
would -- cuz most NNTP servers expire articles after "a short while"
(depends on the servers policies for each particular group).

So, a new subscriber to a group using a typical NNTP service initially
sees "some number" of articles (depending on those policies) -- all of
which appear to be "new, unread".

A Google Groups user sees *everything*. And, can more readily search
through everything!

I suspect tosue went looking for a post that might help him
"neutralize bleach that has spilled into car boot on the metal".
Rather than simply *asking* the question, he attempted to first
find an *answer* (kudos to him for taking that initiative).

Danny D's 2013 post probably turned up as the (only?) hit. And,
he opted to piggyback his NEW QUESTION on that post.

Had he, instead, been lazy and simply asked without researching,
his would have been a NEW question.

Interesting that, aside from the "solution" that I posted, all the
chatter his post has to do with the date of the post on which he
piggybacked his initial query -- no one else offering him suggestions
as to how to "neutralize the bleach" in his car trunk!

:

There's this wonderful thing called a search engine that will turn
up all sorts of information -- questions, replies, etc. -- regardless
of when they were stated!