Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Fixing roller blind to uPVC door

On 16/11/2015 12:46, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 11:38:58 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

I'm sure I've seen this asked and answered here here before but can't find
the answer. I want to attach a roller blind to a glazed uPVC door and am
uncomfortable about screwing the small metal fittings directly into the
plastic, bearing in mind the forces they will experience. Was considering
screwing them to a batten instead, and glueing that to the door; however
ISTR somebody here mentioning a bespoke plug method of attaching
rails/brackets etc to uPVC frames.

Am I imagining things or does something like that exist?

Thanks

Hasn't the door got a steel frame? Test it with a magnet? I had a
similar query when wanting to fix a security chain: what should I
screw it on to. But I was told that it had a steel frame, and to drill
pilot holes of the appropriate size in the appropriate places and use
self-tapping screws of the appropriate length. Worked out very well.
Very appropriate, in fact!

That's exactly what I did for my mum, many years ago.