Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a chemical antidote to bleach that will inactivate it instantly?

Don Y writes:

On 11/15/2015 5:06 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
Don Y writes:

On 11/15/2015 6:16 AM, philo wrote:
On 11/14/2015 09:00 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 10:11:10 AM UTC+10, Danny D. wrote:

LOOK AT THE DATE!

Do responses lose their validity because the question is old?
There's this wonderful thing called a search engine that will turn
up all sorts of information -- questions, replies, etc. -- regardless
of when they were stated!

In fact, they're not responses after all that time.

Do "chemical antidotes to bleach" change? If someone was looking
for that information *today*, would the response be different?
If someone was CASUALLY READING the bits of this thread, would they
say, "Gee! I didn't know that! Oh, wait... the original thread is
20 years old so I should ignore *today's* reply as it probably isn't
valid..."?

As I said, responses DO lose something.
Of course the intended response could be helpful.
I never contradicted that.

Using the old thread may or may not be a good idea.
If I was following up on something I knew to be a few
years old, I'd be sure to mention it.

Repeating:

If you are intentionally responding to an old thread,
it's good to mention that you are doing it intentionally.
Otherwise people will point out that the OP may not be around
anymore and you may not be able to reference the parent post.

So:

LOOK AT THE DATE!

--
Dan Espen