Jerry G.

Default Is it practical - Scap UPS tranformers for stepdown

They were designed for a particular applications. Why not replace the
batteries and have some good UPS's? If you purchase the batteries from the
general electronics suppliers under their generic part type numbers, they
are not as expensive as purchasing them from the computer retailers.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"George Jetson" wrote in message
. ..
I have a few old computer UPS around 1000va all with shot batteries, and E
core transformers. I know lots of reasons why they may or may not work as
stepdown transformers. Has any one tried it?

--
They can have my command prompt when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.