Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a chemical antidote to bleach that will inactivate itinstantly?

On 11/14/2015 8:00 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 10:11:10 AM UTC+10, Danny D. wrote:
I spilled a few drops of bleach on the rug, and immediately flushed it
with water, but the thought came to me that there might be an instant
chemical "antidote" to bleach (like there is with an acid:base).

Is there something (other than water dilution) that counteracts bleach?

any idea how to neutralize bleach that has spilled into car boot on the metal??
there must be something I can use.thanks in advance

For small amounts, you could use Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) at about 1:400
Note you want to wear protective glasses, gloves, etc.