Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Music Equipment Cases

"IME chassis beating and cabinet repairs & mods are part of the joys of fixing guitar amps. "

You got talent in the sarcasm biz son.

Hmmm, you might be older, so if you are over 55 then :

You got talent in the sarcasm biz pops.

Seriously, I have every reason to believe that all this **** comes back to me eventually if I live long enough. So why not make it easy on myself ? Grind a little off the edges, round off the corners. If it doesn't go in easy then, use a ****ing hammer and chisel.

Too bad you can't do that with speaker baffles. POUND the son a bitches out.. Well now, pull the grill cloth off and grind down the wood a few mms, then restretch it tight as possible. Not rattling does not depend on being tight, it depends on being rigid.

And now, how the hell do you get Mackie mixers apart. And Behringer, no parts, **** you. In a way they shouldn't be allowed to do it but it would be wrong to stop them. better to make them apprise the customer of the rest of the terms of the warrauntee as follows :

"...at our discretion, repair or replace ... manufacturing defects..."

But what they left out is that it is very possible that this $8,000 thing you bought has to be replaced in three years. They could make it like that but the market would not bear it.

"Whatever the market will bear".