Posted to uk.d-i-y
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default How to connect LED tube as replacement for fluorescent.

F Murtz wrote:
ARW wrote:
"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
ARW wrote:
"F Murtz" wrote in message
b.com...
Michael Chare wrote:
On 07/11/2015 19:25, Nick wrote:
This afternoon I was after some LED tape with associated bits.
To make the order up for free postage I thought I'd order a
couple of
T8 led
strip lights.
I looked at the instructions for installing these.
Not very illuminating.
https://www.led-supplies.com/downloa... arranty.pdf/

Last page (p3, right at the end) makes interesting viewing.
This is a supposedly reputable company in Reading, not Beijing.

Nick.

Step 3 shows how it should be wired.

You need to remove the starter (if fitted) and the ballast.

My Aldi ones just give you a special starter (which just has the pins
shorted) it works but it leaves the ballast in circuit which makes the
system slightly less efficient power wise.

That special starter is actually a fuse

Some fuse, seems to be .5mm copper(may be some exotic metal but does
not look it.

http://tinypic.com/r/4t0l0p/9

That is not a fuse:-)

That is why I said the pins were shorted.

Forgot the

Let's just say that some LED fluorescent manufacturers do supply a fuse
and not just a copper link. The idea being that if a normal fluorescent
lamp is reinstalled then the lamp will not explode.