Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage heater - low temps

On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 11:06:19 PM UTC-6, Tony Hwang wrote:
Gerry wrote:
replying to Mark, Gerry wrote:
mark.kempe wrote:

I have an insulated garage that I want to heat, but just above
freezing. All the heaters I have will keep the temperature at 14C
(57F) or higher, which I don't want. I just want it slightly above 0C
(32F) to avoid the objects in the garage from freezing.
Does anyone know of such a heater? I can't seem to find one.
Thanks!

I live in Canada where it would be usual to have this application. The
garage that I want to heat to just above freezing is attached to the
house, well insulated so a heater with a thermostat that can be set from
about 0 degrees C to 10 degrees C or more would fit the bill. My question
is - why do manufacturers not provide this option, and why can I not find
ANY heater that gives the minimum and maximum temperature setting of the
thermostat on the box?

I am in Calgary. Has double attached garage insulated like main
building. Small potable heater rated at 1500W max. keeps things from
freezing.

You Eskimos know how to live in the cold. Us folks closer to The Equator have a problem when Canada sticks it icy cold tongue out at us in wintertime. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Freezing Monster