Posted to uk.d-i-y
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default How to connect LED tube as replacement for fluorescent.

ARW wrote:
"F Murtz" wrote in message
b.com...
Michael Chare wrote:
On 07/11/2015 19:25, Nick wrote:
This afternoon I was after some LED tape with associated bits.
To make the order up for free postage I thought I'd order a couple of
T8 led
strip lights.
I looked at the instructions for installing these.
Not very illuminating.
https://www.led-supplies.com/downloa... arranty.pdf/

Last page (p3, right at the end) makes interesting viewing.
This is a supposedly reputable company in Reading, not Beijing.

Nick.

Step 3 shows how it should be wired.

You need to remove the starter (if fitted) and the ballast.

My Aldi ones just give you a special starter (which just has the pins
shorted) it works but it leaves the ballast in circuit which makes the
system slightly less efficient power wise.

That special starter is actually a fuse

Some fuse, seems to be .5mm copper(may be some exotic metal but does not
look it.

http://tinypic.com/r/4t0l0p/9

and would not work on the the
type of lamp the OP has bought. Your tube has the L&N driver at one end
of the tube (just like the OPs tube) however your tube has the pins on
the opposite end shorted together to complete the circuit - the OPs tube
does not have the pins at the opposite end shorted together, they are
electrically isolated and only serve to hold the lamp into place.

If you look at fig 1 with the inductive ballast you can see how the
circuit is completed by changing the starter for a fuse and that it
would not matter which way around your lamp was inserted.