Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Foam, foam, foam

On 11/3/2015 4:25 PM, John G wrote:
Don Y formulated on Wednesday :
On 11/3/2015 4:52 AM, dadiOH wrote:
Don Y wrote:
All this talk about (expanding) foam...

I've been looking for some PARTICULAR (pre-expanded) foam to line some
"equipment cases". I have several such cases designed for specific
bits of equipment that utilize this foam. So, you'd *think* it should
be available SOMEWHERE???!

The foam is *black*. No, not grey. Also, it's not the sort of foam
you encounter at craft stores (regardless of color). It's more like
styrofoam in its makeup -- less "homogenous" than that craft store
foam.

http://www.pelicancases.com/Pelican-...Sets-C124.aspx

No, these are the craft store sort of foam. Anything with the "egg
carton" style is definitely wrong.

I have refrained from commenting because I live in AUS.

Ah, so your toilets flush *backwards*! :

I use a lot of this foam which we buy from MetroFoam in Sydney. I know thats
not much use to you but it might lead you to what you want.Search for
Closedcell foam.

This one gets you a US company.
http://www.foambymail.com/closed-cell-foams.html

I see the two (three?) main distinctive characteristics as:
- the large "beads" that comprise the visible structure,
- the rubbery feel,
- and the color (black instead of grey, beige, green, etc.)

With my luck, I will discover that the stuff has been discontinued
due to some environmental issue or, worse, "lack of demand"!! :-/