Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Speaking of clamps

krw writes:
On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 14:24:13 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

krw writes:
On Fri, 06 Nov 2015 18:40:25 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

krw writes:
On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 09:05:47 -0800, Electric Comet
wrote:

On Thu, 05 Nov 2015 20:33:08 -0500
krw wrote:

The bar bends and the jaws are far from parallel. The jaws don't bite
into the pipe and slip. No thank you! I threw all my pipe clamps out
years ago.

the pipes too or just the clamps

Of course the pipes too. What good is one piece without the other?

If you have a pipe cutter and a hand threader, the pipe can still
be useful. Black or galvy.

For what? A boat anchor? All they were going to do is cost me more
money when I moved.

I've used old pipe for plumbing repair, handrails, gas-line repair, etc.

YMMV.

Black pipe for water? I've never even owned a house with galvanized.

I've seen (and I have) pipe clamps made from galvy. And my house is
plumbed with galvy, so it's been useful to me. I also have pipe clamps
made from black iron, but didn't need to repurpose them when I extended
the gas from the furnace to the kitchen for a gas stove.

If you don't need it, donate it to a building materials recycling place,
if you have one nearby.