Posted to uk.d-i-y
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default How to connect LED tube as replacement for fluorescent.

Michael Chare wrote:
On 07/11/2015 19:25, Nick wrote:
This afternoon I was after some LED tape with associated bits.
To make the order up for free postage I thought I'd order a couple of
T8 led
strip lights.
I looked at the instructions for installing these.
Not very illuminating.
https://www.led-supplies.com/downloa... arranty.pdf/

Last page (p3, right at the end) makes interesting viewing.
This is a supposedly reputable company in Reading, not Beijing.

Nick.

Step 3 shows how it should be wired.

You need to remove the starter (if fitted) and the ballast.

My Aldi ones just give you a special starter (which just has the pins
shorted) it works but it leaves the ballast in circuit which makes the
system slightly less efficient power wise.