Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default £3 million and rusty nails !!!!

In message ,
harry writes
On Thursday, 5 November 2015 22:05:29 UTC, Andrew Mawson wrote:
Anyone watch the Grand Designs on telly this evening?

Fabulous pad on the Isle of Wight, clad in expensive impregnated timber,
fixed with un galvanised nails so rusty stains running down everywhere !!!!!

Madness

Andrew

Gone right off Grand Designs. And this follow on program.
It used to be very good,all sorts of DIYers and oddballs.
+Strange projects.

I still watch. Hoping to glean something useful.

Now it's just uninhabitable glass boxes with posturing brain dead architects.
They always run out of money (some bloody architects, can't even cost a
project)'

An architect will always maximise the site potential! I think it may be
an ego issue:-)

A brain dead Kev always does his pessimist thing first.
At the end goes round swooning over some ****ty glass box monstrosity,
that's in dire need of instant demolition.

Formulaic TV. Find out what brings in most viewers and repeat ad
nauseum. The ****ty glass box only works if you overlook 1/2 mile of
open country and the sun never shines.

I always use SS screws outside these days.

Don't try undoing them. They usually break off at the weak point behind
the head.

--
Tim Lamb