Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Removing plastic tap handle

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 14:40:21 +0000, GB
wrote:

On 04/11/2015 14:31, Michael Chare wrote:
I have a bath tap with an acrylic plastic handle. The handle is held in
place with a screw in the centre of the top. Above the screw there is a
recessed plastic disk (red or blue).

Any suggestion as to how I might remove these plastic disks without
damaging the handle or the disk. The disks have been there for some time
so no doubt held in place by a little grime.

A sharp blade, and hope for the best.

This is one of life's mysteries, ie whether the people who design these
things think.

You could try a small rubber sucker - the type used on old toy arrows.
Or maybe the disks have a screw thread and require unscrewing somehow.
--
Dave W