Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Speaking of clamps

On 11/4/2015 10:24 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Electric Comet writes:
On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 08:28:42 -0600
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Woodpeckers has a sale on Bessey K-body Revo clamps.

name sounds too fancy for a clamp
makes me very suspicious

You obviously haven't ever used a K-body clamp. The older
K-body clamps (pre-Revo) are excellent clamps. The new
Revo clamps seem to have some nice capabilities, but I'm
not sure they're worth twice the price (after the woodpecker
discount) of the original or updated (with the tail hook)
K-bodies.

Agreed. The new style K Body clamps do have a larger clamping surface
so that appeals to me BUT the "tail hook" could be much much better.
The closest competitors Jet and Jorgensen have movable feet which makes
using a long clamp on a short work surface easier. If your work surface
is shorter then the Bessey clamp it does no good at all.