Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Hot and cold fill washing machines

So really what you are saying is that its not so much the single line fill
its the actual design of the programmes that run the machine that is the
issue. I do find modern machines are very like Windows machines in that the
time they take for a program is like a bit of elastic. IE on some fabrics it
seems to take an age and still not dry thestuff at the end of a very
fastsping but on others its very fast, though according to my friend, it
starts off estimating ghe same time for both, so Wahing machine minutes
obviously vary in length with the fabric.

I have a panasonic which seems a workmanlike machine and I have few issues
with cold fill other then the timing lies really.
I may still try the mixer though.
Brian

Email:

"Capitol" wrote in message
Brian-Gaff wrote:
Well, one other thing to consider is a mixer device. A friend of mine
says a
mixer device is available for cold fill machines that stops the high
pressure cold going back up the hot feed and you set the mixing to a nice
normally warm temp and it seems to work well.
The issue of the hot running cold is not an issue as of course being a
cold fill only it then just reverts to heating the cold water.
I've not tried it myself, but I do wonder if dual connection machines
are
in fact just doing what the hose does inside the machine.
Brian

Yes, I did consider doing that, as both hot and cold feeds are
equal pressure a simple combiner will work. The advantage of your system
is that rinsing will be done in warm water which is more efficient. I do
not know of any modern washing machine which works properly. The wash is
crap due to lack of water and the rinse totally inadequate for the same
reason.