Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Very cool, but expensive...

On Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 7:49:27 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/31/2015 3:27 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 10/30/2015 7:46 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

It looks like the benefit is that one can make knock-down furniture with
hidden fasteners. Why you would want to do this with a bannister though
is a mystery.

I'd not use it for knock down furniture.In that case, no tool use would
be a plus.

But "no tool use" means exposed fasteners.

Needing a special tool makes it non-knock down in many cases. Do you
give your kids a drill when they are off to college?

Actually, yes.

I built a knockdown platform bed for my daughter. She wanted a full size bed,
tall enough to fit storage bins underneath. The frame knocks down to 5 pieces
which easily fit in the back of her car. The platform was cut in half.

I spent less than $20 for a HF cordless drill and gave her one of my quick
clamps. Besides the initial assembly when she first took it back to school,
she's moved the bed twice since I built it.

http://s440.photobucket.com/user/Der...?sort=2&page=1