Fred Bloggs

Default Hotpoint freezer fault?

Terry Pinnell wrote:
Tony Williams wrote:

In article ,
Terry Pinnell wrote:

One thing outstanding: where is the drip pan or whatever it's
called? I just can't remember what happened about the water last
time, and this time the volume has been much smaller. But, as
mentioned previously, I've found nothing I can access to empty
anyway.

There are heated funnelled channels behind the inner lining
that drain into a tube going downwards. This tube empties
into a little plastic cup that sits on top of the compressor
assembly. The heat from the compressor evaporates the water.

How do I know all that? Because during re-assembly I dropped one
of the little screws onto a funnel and it instantly shot down the
drain hole. I had to pull the whole fridge away from the wall and
scrabble around the back, dismantling the drainpipe assembly.

Thanks for solving that mystery.

As soon as I spotted that drain hole below my unscrewing area, I just
knew that the usual would happen if I didn't take precautions. This
time I paused long enough to stuff some cardboard into it!

I assume you are talking about a side-by-side? If you have an ice
machine in the freezer, be sure to turn this OFF until you return to
normal operation.