Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default alt.home.repair newsgroup statistics for 09/2015

Don Y wrote:

Hi,

On 10/1/2015 6:19 PM, badgolferman wrote:
XanaNews Statistic for alt.home.repair. 10/1/2015 9:18:32 PM

From article 700122 (9/1/2015 12:00:42 AM) to article 705696
(9/30/2015 11:44:32 PM)

It looks like this is something tabulated client-side? So,
just reflects your particular news server connection(s)?
I.e., is not really "authoritative" -- if your news server
never sees a post (or a newsgroup!), that wouldn't be
reflected in these figures?

I'm looking for a (somewhat authoritative) source of these
sorts of figures so I can determine how many posts my
"news agent" is opting not to show to me.

It appears that your totals are reflecting what you are
seeing from the Eternal September server?

[I guess I could just install XanaNews and see what it tells me]

Yes, it is a report generated by my newsclient Xananews. Generally I
use Albasani as my newsserver, but sometimes I use Eternal-September as
well. Regardless, there are very few messages that may get filtered
out at the server level. Usually they are obvious spam. And if they
are being filtered by the server then you wouldn't see them either, so
what's the difference?

Perhaps you should access Google Groups and inspect the newsgroup's
statistics there. Maybe it will suit your purposes better than what I
post to the group. There used to be a way to view that data in the
older version of Google Groups.