Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default TV Pictu What Does "Calibration" Mean???

On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 6:58:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Folks I have come to the conclusion that
the majority of people don't even know these
new-fangled panels HAVE settings or a menu
under which settings can be found. I'm dead
serious. And they live with their TVs looking
like cartoons not knowing that they are getting
only 5% of out of their investment's potential.

We bought our first flat screen this year when a CRT finally died. (still have 3 more in the garage, can't get rid of them)

I did not know there were settings until I read this thread.

I do recall the colors didn't look quite right at first, but ....sigh......we got used to them.

So you're making a good case for some adjustments. Is this stuff in the owner's manual?