Terry Pinnell

Default Hotpoint freezer fault?

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

It iced up so badly that the defrost cycle isn't enough. Turn it off
for a while and be prepared for the drip pan to overflow.

Thanks Kevin. Does the defrost function apply to both units, despite
the control for it being fridge (upper) sunit?

And do you know where I might find the drip pan?! So far, after
dismantling as much as I can in freezer (lower) unit, I can see where
water drips to, but cannot access whatever it collects in.

There was a lot of ice. But I still have one panel obstructing my
access, and I think I'd need to take several more bits off, plus the
fan, to get that off. So right now, I have a 3 kW fan heater blasting
away, and I'm taking an occasional look for a flood to start spreading
across floor...

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK