Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Very cool, but expensive...

On 10/27/2015 10:12 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 10/27/2015 10:24 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/27/2015 9:12 AM, John McCoy wrote:
Jim wrote in
@googlegroups.com:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaN-Emvizq8

I totally fail to see any practical application for it.
It's a neat gimmick, but definately falls into the category
of solutions looking for a problem.

John

They would be handy for upper end displays like those used at
conventions that are assembled and disassembled often . But obviously
the person doing the dismantling would have to know where all of the
fasteners are located.

I saw Tom Silva of This Old House use the system to fasten pieces of a
stairway banister together.

Yeah I saw that on TOH several years ago. One has to wonder how tight
the connection can be, the force of a magnet is about all the force that
there is to turn the screw.