Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TV Pictu What Does "Calibration" Mean???

On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 12:54:22 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Somewhat like the people who leave their stereo at flat response. the bass and treble controls are there to be used. Every recording is not perfect and every speaker is not perfect, especially in a real room.

How the shoot these new movies and shows annoys me. Color effects, the blacks are green or whatever. And I know it is them because if you turn the color all the way down you have a good greyscale. Camera angles shifting like a damn toddler had the camera.

And geometry ? Either it is letterboxed, cropped on the sides or overscanning because they haven't gotten their aspect ration **** together.

___
Actually jurb, the default TV settings are like
having the bass & treble jacked fully clockwise,
or the graphic equalizers set like smileys -
middle sliders down, and sliders toward the ends
higher and higher.

As far as aspect ratio is concerned, 16:9 or
"screen fit" will accommodate most viewing
scenarios. I'm really annoyed by those who
insist on stretching 4:3(old fashioned TV)
pictures to fit their wide-screen HD theater,
so J.J. from "Good Times" looks wider than
superintendent Bookman. LOL!