Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TV Pictu What Does "Calibration" Mean???

Somewhat like the people who leave their stereo at flat response. the bass and treble controls are there to be used. Every recording is not perfect and every speaker is not perfect, especially in a real room.

How the shoot these new movies and shows annoys me. Color effects, the blacks are green or whatever. And I know it is them because if you turn the color all the way down you have a good greyscale. Camera angles shifting like a damn toddler had the camera.

And geometry ? Either it is letterboxed, cropped on the sides or overscanning because they haven't gotten their aspect ration **** together.