JURB6006

Default Hitachi ...Need URL for downloads of Service Manual

Sorry, I'd have caught that if I was more familiar with Hitachi model numbers.

I'm not sure exactly which model the EX is, but if it is old enough to have
pots it is old enough to need a bunch of electrolytics on the waveshaping
board. __________________________________________________ _________NOW, it comes
back to me !

You will find that most or all of certain values of caps will be bad or
marginal. Once you get a few of the same, replacem all, do the same with the
rest of the caps.

If it's the set I think it is, there's only two plugs to that front convergenge
board. Take it out and get up on the bench. You need an ESR tester of some
type, or something.

If nobody has cranked the adjustments, they will be pretty close after
replacing all the caps. Exceptions might be V height & linearity, side pin, bow
and skew.

I'll see if I can find the layout.

JURB

(it might be on a sticker in the cabinet also )