john

Default Hitachi ...Need URL for downloads of Service Manual

Please anybody have the link for Service Manual Download...
I most probably will have to register .
I need the Convergence Alignment procedure
for a 46EX3BC.

Thanks
kip
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"

JURB6006

hitachiserviceusa.com I believe.

You'll need a user and pass to get in. Just apply, they send you an email.

If this is a newer set they got a cursor based adjustment procedure. There is a
hidden button in front that activates the adjustment mode, when you hit it it
displays a nice fine crosshatch. Bear in mind the set must be displaying a
"kosher" NTSC interlaced signal, such as what you get from a TV station. A VCR
output is not acceptable due to time base errors. This stuff is usually
frequency sensitive.

There may be a twop pronged plug on the PCB to your left as you look into the
front of the set. If uand only if/u there is no hidden button, this will be
the point to short.

Be careful, wait a bit, someone may post how to save your changes, I don't
recall right now. It might be automatic, but there is a recalculate function
you are supposed to do.

JURB

Shoreline Electronics

This is an Ap32 chassis....all the alignments are from the pots on behind
the front panel.

View a cross hatch and you can tweak till your satisfied.

I will send you the procedure.

..
--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

==========================
"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd

"john" wrote in message
.. .

Please anybody have the link for Service Manual Download...
I most probably will have to register .
I need the Convergence Alignment procedure
for a 46EX3BC.

Thanks
kip
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"

JURB6006

Sorry, I'd have caught that if I was more familiar with Hitachi model numbers.

I'm not sure exactly which model the EX is, but if it is old enough to have
pots it is old enough to need a bunch of electrolytics on the waveshaping
board. __________________________________________________ _________NOW, it comes
back to me !

You will find that most or all of certain values of caps will be bad or
marginal. Once you get a few of the same, replacem all, do the same with the
rest of the caps.

If it's the set I think it is, there's only two plugs to that front convergenge
board. Take it out and get up on the bench. You need an ESR tester of some
type, or something.

If nobody has cranked the adjustments, they will be pretty close after
replacing all the caps. Exceptions might be V height & linearity, side pin, bow
and skew.

I'll see if I can find the layout.

JURB

(it might be on a sticker in the cabinet also )

john

Thanks JURB..
Yes its got a few years on it.
The pots are just behind the front panel
BUT they are not marked as to there
functions its a guessing game .
I remember the older Mits had a procedure
like adjust Number 1 pot then Number 6 pot etc etc.

Thanks again

kip