Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Hand tools

On 10/22/2015 4:46 PM, bob_villa wrote:
I have no idea what you're attempting to convey here??? I, and I think most, use Philips-head so you can power-drive them. Try using less words, and get to the point. Please!

If you can't read WORDS, then look at the PICTURES. If you can't see the
difference, then, by all means, buy your tools (and health care!) at
HF!

There *IS* a difference, but your meaning is *NOT* apparent. (I commend you for getting to the point though!)

Get a (typical) slotted screwdriver -- AS INDICATED IN THE TEXT OF MY POST.

Hold it up to the screen with the handle off to the left. Considering
the limitations of ASCII art, can you see a resemblance between the
shape of the screwdriver tip and the image on the screen:

------+
/ |
-----/ |
-----\ |
\ |
------+

Now, dig out a dictionary and look up the word "symmetry" -- also indicated
in my TEXT. Study the above illustration and see if you can identify the
SYMMETRY present in THAT image.

Now, consult the OTHER image in my post:

-----+
/ |
------/ |
-----\ |
\ |
------+

With the SYMMETRY concept fresh in your mind, see if you can identify how
this second image differs from the first.

Then, imagine how that would relate to the physical screwdriver in your
hand!

Next, imagine how a machine would *intend* to produce a screwdriver
having the original image's shape and why it might, instead, produce
the shape of the second image.

Finally, imagine why a company would opt for #2 instead of #1 -- or,
conversely, why a BETTER company would strive for #1 and consider #2
to be *scrap*.

Another way of thinking about it: there are lots of ways to put paint
on a house. How would you decide on the quality of painter A's work
vs. that of painter B?

[Of course, this has been yet another lengthy explanation so I suspect
you're still stuck on image #1...]