Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rudy Canoza[_4_] Rudy Canoza[_4_] is offline

Default Any one using 3D printing for metalwork

On 10/22/2015 2:14 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 9:40:42 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Last evening I went to a beginners class on 3D printing. The class was using a program by Autodesk called " 123D Design " to create files for 3D printing. Looks like a pretty good program especially considering that the program is free.

The local library will print a 3D object for free as long as it does not take more than 5 hours to print and you accept whatever color they are using.

Looks like it would be easy to print up a pattern to use in casting parts.

If you search on 123D Design , you will find some additional programs to use for things as scanning an object and creating a duplicate by 3 D printing.

So is anyone doing anything with 3D printing?

Pure logic would tell me that jon_banquer, Ed Huntress or Joe Gwinn are (or might as well be),

LOL! Banqueer? 3D printing? Haw haw haw haw haw!