Ed Sirett

Default Cleaning flue component for combi boiler

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:05:38 +0000, PJ wrote:

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:09:18 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote
(in message .uk):

Wash the component in water, blow out the tubes with air (lock for Air
duster from screwfix). Do not get water in then rubber/plastic tubes or APS.

Hi

Thank you for your reply. My original post was over two weeks ago but I was
away unexpectedly which is why I now post after such a lengthy period.

The flue component is completely metal, I'm wondering if there is something
stronger than water and air pressure that I could use to decoke this?

Is there a solution of some kind that will dissolve coking?

If the flue is full (oreen half full) of coke/carbon/soot you have a serious problem with
the boiler and there will be much damage elsewhere as well and if fact you
had better get it fixed properly from top to bottom.

Sorry to disappoint.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk