Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Nick is offline

Default WD40 in a woodburner

I've seen it done (with a can of spray paint)
The can shot out of the fire like a rocket.

I think a can of easy start might be interesting.
Or a propane cylinder.

Many years ago, about 1960, coming back from school of a winter evening I
witnessed a fire in one of my fathers rented artisan workshops.
A cylinder of dissolved acetylene went up, and I do mean up. As in a rocket.
The cylinder went through the roof and continued skyward. DA cylinders are
bl**dy heavy. It was found the next morning about 50 yards away.
Gutted the workshop and those adjoining it. Nobody hurt fortunately. Fire
brigade sorted the fire. Roof gone but structure sound.
Re-roofed and refitted. Workshops still in use today