Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Mawson Stephen Mawson is offline

Default WD40 in a woodburner

OK to lob a can on a bonfire then?:-)

--
Adam

I've seen it done (with a can of spray paint)
The can shot out of the fire like a rocket.

I think a can of easy start might be interesting.
Or a propane cylinder.

If you watch videos of fires on the news, something normally "blows" on
LPG cylinders and you get a jet of flame, insufficient to turn it into a
rocket, and the cylinder itself doesn't explode. It *might* be that the
same happened in this case and that it was the containment provided by
the woodburner, probably the windows or the lid, which "blew".

Not true. Many years ago I witnessed, at a distance of a bout a 1/2 mile,
a fire at a Propane gas store. Numerous gas bottles at times were blown
high into the air.

If that was the fire in Croydon in the 1970s, I saw it too but from
Wimbledon perhaps six miles away. Spectacular.