Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do they make Florescent Tubes (bulbs) longer than 8 foot?

On Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 4:59:32 AM UTC-5, SBH wrote:
On 10/21/2015 2:16 AM, wrote:
Do they make Florescent Tubes (bulbs) longer than 8 foot?

The 8 footers are fairly common in commercial buildings, but I've never
seen any longer than that.

Actually, I dont think I'd want to handle any longer than 8'. Even the 8
footers are clumbsy and easily broken, not to mention difficult to
install without a second person on the opposite end.

Yes they do. They have them in 9(F108), 10(F120) and I believe 11 feet
but they are T12 single pin. I'm uncertain if they make them in T8 at
those lengths.

They are not difficult to install and one person can do so.

Are those HO sign lamps? I've never dealt with any flourescent bulbs longer than 8 feet. With the advent of LED lamps, I have a feeling that length no longer matters. (I'm resisting writing a crude joke) ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Crude Monster