Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Lidl parking

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
How on earth is it trivial for the ANPR camera system to know that you
have,
or haven't shopped in the store?

It ought to be possible for that to tie in with the till system, just
as, in Canterbury, there is a multistory that recognises your number
plate, and that is what you type in to the machine when you pay for
your parking. And it then recognises your number plate on the way out
and raises the barrier.

Quite. Lots of ways to do it.

But the point I was making was if the 'system' had told me there was a
problem at the time,

how can the system tell the difference between

someone who "parked there without shopping and is willing to accept the
consequences"

and someone who shopped, but forgot to register their details?

tim