Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Hand tools

On 10/21/2015 2:08 AM, Micky wrote:
On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 23:26:29 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 10/20/2015 2:30 AM, Micky wrote:
On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 00:00:51 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 10/19/2015 11:58 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/19/2015 10:45 PM, Don Y wrote:
So, the question is, what tools to avoid, consider and criteria
used in making those decisions? And criteria to use in "broad brush"
dismissals of whole categories of tools?

I have some of their sockets and open wrenches that aren't too bad.
They're in an unsecured tool tube on the bike so if they're ripped off I
haven't lost much.

A floor jack spit the lift pad at me the first time I used it. After
replacing the rivet it's serviceable. I have an electric impact driver
that works. I don't use it very often but for the price, around $50
iirc, it was worth it.

A set of number drills works okay for soft material. C-clamps are hard
to screw up. A chain breaker did its job. A tubing flaring tool was
utter crap.

Fortunately I can walk to HF during lunch hour and see the stuff first
hand. It's too hit or miss otherwise.

I bought a small chipper shredder there and so far it works fine.

Shredder? Is this for paper?

No. It's for chopping/shredding up small tree branches and leaves.

Chipper? You're quite a gal. I don't know anyone who owns his own
one of those.

It's just an electric chipper, and it only does small branches.

I never heard of that before.

This is the one I bought from the
http://www.harborfreight.com/14-Amp-...der-61714.html

--