Ed Sirett

Default Central Heating costs + other questions

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:06:57 +0000, The Question Asker wrote:

Hi,
Am looking at a house that needs renovation, my main worry is central
heating, having not needed to install central heating from scratch I am
unaware of the cost, The property has 3 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms kitchen
and bathroom, what would be a very rough estimate for the cost of installing
CH?, Ok now for the other questions

There are a lot of factors: boiler quality, condensing or not, combi or
stored HW, vented cylinder or unvented etc.

I would say from 3000 quid upwards. The most expensive conceivable would
be with a qulaity condensing boiler and a mains unvented cylinder which
would be around 5000 + cost of water main upgraded if needed.

But for a conventional vented HW cylinder, reasonable non condensing
boiler, about 4000 or 3500 for combi. Perhaps 500 more for bigger firms
to allow for VAT and margins.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk