Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Do they make Florescent Tubes (bulbs) longer than 8 foot?

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 01:16:10 -0500, wrote:

Do they make Florescent Tubes (bulbs) longer than 8 foot?

The 8 footers are fairly common in commercial buildings, but I've never
seen any longer than that.

Actually, I dont think I'd want to handle any longer than 8'. Even the 8
footers are clumbsy and easily broken, not to mention difficult to
install without a second person on the opposite end.

This past summer, the citizens of Escubria, Italy made a 106-foot
fluorescent bulb. It was certified by so-and-so's book of records.

It required a special vacuum chamber with openings at both ends, so
that the long bulb could be put in from one end and pushed all the way
through.