Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Farm table part Deux: Top glue up?

On 10/18/2015 10:13 AM, Jim wrote:
On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 10:04:33 AM UTC-4, Jim wrote:
First, let me thank everybody for the input on the wood type I seem to using for this project. Probably southern yellow pine.

I have the 3 boards (~12x84x1.5)ready for glue up. I am not using breadboard ends. My plan is to either use biscuits or some kind of spline for greater strength and alignment. I'm not quite sure here so any input would be appreciated.

I also plan to put boards across the bottom of the top, about every 2 feet or so. Probably overkill, but I do want this to last a long time.

The final product should look sort of like this:

http://www.mortisetenon.com/assets/i...ning-table.jpg

All done. Thank you all again. Here are some pics at the couples house:

https://goo.gl/Vqqb2W

Looks great. Just needs 4 more chairs. ;~)