Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15926 Ignoramus15926 is offline

Default Got my Cree flashlight today Equip Review

On 2015-10-14, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 06:50:20 -0500, Ignoramus20656
wrote:

I had two similar ****s.

Advertised as premium units, "aircraft aluminum", many lifetime run
hours promised.

Bought on Amazon.

Both broke after a month of moderate use.

The Same units or something similar? Cree is a well respected name in
the led light business.

It was "something similar".

Not sure if these are counterfeits or the real deal, but are well made
and the board inside is nicely done. I checked.

If it fails in my use, Ill post it. And Im very hard on flashlights.
Typically..Maglights are the only flashlights that last me more than a
couple years.

What kind were yours so we can watch out for them?

I think that CREE is not a brand name, but a LED technology.

WindFire® 1800 Lumens Zoomable CREE